Hey y'all! I thought I would share one of my new favorite spring recipes-Fruit Pizza! I made this one for dessert on Easter. I chose it because I thought it sounded delectable and fresh. Plus, I just thought it would look pretty and spring-like! It was definitely a people pleaser (which is hard in my family) so it would be great for any spring/summer celebration, like Mothers' Day or a barbecue. I think it would also be great for a wedding shower or bridal brunch (if y'all saw my last post, I have been to a lot of these lately)! Below is the recipe if you would like to make as well!
my fruit pizza (a festive egg for Easter)
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 oz butter, at room temperature
- 11/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (packed)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces marsh mellow fluff
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- 1-1½ cups powdered sugar
- fresh fruit of your choice! I chose things I liked-kiwi, strawberry, grapes, rasberries, & blackberries. Citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruits would be a great addition as well! Also, if peaches are in season I think they would be the perfect for some more color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and lemon zest in the bowl with a mixer. Beat them together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each, then add the cream and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until almost all the flour streaks are gone. Finish stirring everything together by hand. Shape the dough into a large ball and wrap the dough in cling wrap. Put in the fridge for a few hours until firm.
- After the dough is firm, preheat the oven to 350º F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment. Roll out the dough between sheets of parchment or waxed paper until it is a large circle about ½-inch thick. You can make it as thin as you want but since I chose to make the cookie thick and fluffy!
- Transfer the cookie to the baking sheet (my sister had to help me with this-issues.), and bake it at 350º F for 15-19 minutes (I did 15 because I believe all cookies are best a bit undercooked), until it is light golden color and puffed up a bit in the middle. Let it cool completely!
- Beat the cream cheese and fluff using a mixer until it is smooth. Add the strawberry jam and 1 cup of powdered sugar, and beat until everything is well-mixed. Taste the frosting, and add more sugar if you want! Remember it shouldn't be TOO sweet because it is going on a cookie and will be topped with fruit.
- Spread the frosting all over the cookie. Layer the fruit over the frosting in whatever pattern you choose!
- I didn't do this but if it is for a party you can brush with a clear jelly/water mix so the fruit stays looking fresh!
- Cut and ENJOY!
these tutti fruity's are going to be jealous of your pizza
I thought I would throw in a little extra recipe. If you know me, you know I think everything is better with a cocktail. I loved the drink I made with the dessert on Easter, so I'm sharing that as well. I was inspired by a French 57 recipe but kind of made up my own thing based on what the ladies in my family like. I'll call it the Blackberry Buzz Bunny (haha get it? for Easter?).
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon juice
- 2 oz Champagne
- fresh blackberries and/or lemon rind for garnish
- cranberry juice for the light weights ( or for the people who have already had too much wine- my aunt may or may not have gotten the juiced down version)
Making the cocktail:
- In a small pan, add the water, sugar and blackberries. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring and then strain into a mason jar. Set aside until it cools off and then chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 2 tablespoons of the blackberry simple syrup, 1 ounce vodka, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and then shake vigorously. Strain into your glass and then top with champagne. Garnish with a lemon rind and fresh blackberry if you want to get fancy!
I hope whatever you make your fruit pizza or cocktail for, it is a hit! Let me know if you have any questions at all!
celebrating Easter with my favorite ladies!
get my fabulous shirt here! 'Always the Centerpiece' top ($42)