|image by OnceUponAChef|
Roasted Bar Nuts with Herbs
Personally, there's nothing better than a nice glass of wine and something salty to snack on. In my case, these roasted bar nuts are addictive and super easy to make.
- 2-1/4 (18oz) assorted unsalted nuts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped thyme leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (try ancho chili for a milder flavor)
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread the nuts evenly on a baking sheet and toast until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the herbs, cayenne, sugar, salt and butter.
4. Toss in nuts and coat thoroughly and serve.
5. Better if served warm but also good at room temp.